"The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them." - Psalm 145:18-19
Prayer is communication with God about his ways, his plans, and his kingdom. As God's children, we have the privilege to be in communication with Him. God speaks to us through his word, and we speak back to him in prayer. Our prayers are a response to God's initiative: he creates, he sustains, he saves… and we respond in prayer.
Prayer seeks the Lord, not some spiritual high, not some spiritual discipline, not some transformation of consciousness. People are used to thinking about prayer as a means to get their personal needs met. However, we should understand prayer as a means to praise and adore God, to know Him, to come into his presence and be changed by Him. Prayer seeks the Lord!
When we pray, we focus on God and his kingdom, and Christ His King who sits upon the thrown. All our opportunities for prayer at All Souls Fellowship seek to be centered on the Kingdom of God becoming more and more a reality here on earth.
- Kingdom-centered prayer for the church and for the world.
- Kingdom-centered prayer for our mission to proclaim Christ to the world;
- Kingdom-centered prayer for our worship, our community, our ministries, and our mission
- Kingdom-centered prayer for justice and mercy in our city.
- Kingdom-centered prayer for other churches and ministries in our area.
- Kingdom-centered prayer for peace, for the sick, for those who suffer or are in trouble.